Welcome to Productive Ideas from Productive Plastics. Our monthly opportunity to share business thoughts and ideas. We hope you find this valuable and feedback is always appreciated.
Today’s “Ideas” are about the qualities of strong program management, an essential part of good business practice.
Here are the ten qualities we have found to be essential in effective program management:
- Inspired Vision – Instill in team members a belief that they have a real stake in managing customer needs and meeting their expectations.
- Good Communication – Always critical to program success, communication about goals, responsibility, performance and expectations must bridge all levels of your organization.
- Integrity – Successful program management require commitment to and demonstration of ethical practices. Each team member must “walk the talk”.
- Enthusiasm – Team members exhibit a can do attitude, rather than reasons why something cannot get done.
- Empathy – Understand and acknowledge the unique needs of the OEM marketplace and customers need to succeed.
- Competence – A winning track record is a sure indication of your ability to provide successful program management to future customers.
- Clear Delegation – Each team member should have a clear, defined mission and lines of authority in order to get the job done.
- Cool Under Pressure – Our world is not perfect…programs have problems. It is important to take these problems in stride and articulate a new and improved direction to re-chart the course in stride.
- Team Building – Team leaders need to understand the process, dynamics and styles of their members and capitalize on their strengths.
- Problem Solving Skills – Bring a fresh, creative response to the here and now opportunities to the program.
Enlisting these program management qualities will help meet and exceed the expectations of customers from product design and tooling development through ongoing production requirements. Did we miss any top ideas?
Feedback and your ideas are always appreciated.